The module is a four-channel CV recorder/looper that records and plays back voltage curves from very slow speeds to faster speeds by moving the controllers. You can record control voltage courses from analogue sequencers, LFOs, envelope generators, joysticks etc..
The input/output CV of each channel can range from -5v..+5v or 0..+9v. SOURCE is the CV source of the track for the recordings. This can be the CV input, the potentiometer or both. ZOOM is a two stage fine adjust function of the control ruler.
Synchronization via clock or MIDI and manually "punch-in/out" recordings are possible. The output is a smoothed voltage without audible increments (algorithm with 16 bit resolution). While the Clock/MIDI Synchronisation is used, they have two different levels (HARD/SOFT) for the CV interpolation.
Independent of selected sync mode, the recording time per channel is up to one hour (such us MIDI clock). Function LINK: All four channels can be used individually or in groups of two or four tracks at any one time (for multitrack or joystick recording).
There are different playback modes and several functions for the playback controls. The different modes include: one-shot, triggered by a gate, a push-button or by MIDI-start/stop. The sample can be looped as well.
Using the SCAN mode, the recorded sample can be scanned via CV input or the pot of the channel. It is possible to play manually the
track velocity and direction (feasible effects: reverse, randomized, stuttering).
The start point, end point and the speed of playback or of the loop is set with the CVs or pot (functions: START, LENGHT, SPEED).
The memory is non-volatile, as such the recordings and settings remain unchanged when the modular system is powered down.
Software updates are possible via MIDI sysex dump.
MIDI adapter is included with the unit.
Connectors per channel:
- Record/functions cv input (-5v..+5v or 0..+9v)
- Record/clock input 0/+5v
- Play trigger/gate input 0/+5v
- cv output (-5v..+5v or 0..+9v)
- MIDI input via Record/clock input of channel one
Standard accessory: MIDI adapter cable (DIN to 1/4inch stereo jack)
- 3U euro rack module, 14HP wide, 42mm deep
- Current draw: ca. 160mA at +12V and 50mA at -12V
- PDF - MANUAL QUAD-CV-RECORDER module version 1.00 (english)
- PDF - HANDBUCH QUAD-CV-RECORDER module version 1.00 (deutsch)
- PDF - MANUAL QUAD-CV-RECORDER module version 1.01 (english)
- PDF - HANDBUCH QUAD-CV-RECORDER module version 1.01 (deutsch)
Advice: For updating the firmware please download the MIDI SYSEX file
(please click on the link with the right mouse button for download the file).
Download the manual for update informations!
v1.00 (date: march 04, 2016)
- the first Version of the serie
- download: QuadCVRec_V1_00.syx Firmware Version 1.00
v1.01 (date: march 18, 2016)
- fixbug MIDI sync (LINK modes)
- change initialization (Source=Pot)
- new Manual v1.01
- download: QuadCVRec_V1_01.syx Firmware Version 1.01
v1.02 (date: march 3, 2017)
- fixbug extern clock (LINK modes)
- new Manual v1.01
- download: QuadCVRec_V1_02.syx Firmware Version 1.02