The 4VOX is a quad wavetable oscillator with up to four voices per VCO channel, resulting in a maximum of 16 voices at four individual outputs.
Due to a MIDI input the module can be played both with CVs or/and directly via MIDI - MIDI allows for modulating some additional parameters.
There are 39 memory locations for wavetables and 32 patches for all global and VCO parameters.
The parameters of a wavetable can be controlled by CVs and by MIDI. For instance you can morph through a wavetable with a CV, a MIDI controller or manually with the potentiometer. The range of waves within a wavetable can be selected by minimum and maximum values individually per voice which allows for creating more complex morphs. Further controllable parameters are Detune, Semitone, Octave, Chord, Portamento, Amplitude and Amp Move (90 degrees phase shifted volume modulation of a VCO's 4 voices). Min and max values can be selected for those parameters as well. Via MIDI it's possible to control further parameters (notes, chords, pitch bend, patch selection and wavetable selection)
The VCOs can be played analog (frequency by Pitch CV input), monophonic via MIDI or 4-voice polyphonic via MIDI. The VCO can be used as a voltage controllable LFO with 3 modes: LOOP, ONE SHOT and GATED. The SYNC input is used to trigger/reset the LFO. In ONE SHOT mode the LFO can be used as a trigger delay, too (SYNC = trigger in, GATE = trigger output, PITCH = delay time).
Each VCO has an analog 1V/octave input including a fine tune control (+/-1 semitone) and pitch control (approx. 10 octaves), two freely assignable CV inputs, two freely assignable potentiometers, a trigger input for Sync/LFO-reset as well as a Gate and VCO/LFO output
All global parameters and also the VCO's setings can be named and saved as a non-volatile patch by the user (32 patch memory locations are available).
The display can show a graphic of the selected waveforms.
Software/wavetable updates are easy possible via MIDI sysex dump.
- 39x 16bit wavetables, each with 64 waveforms
- VCO/LFO modi
- 32 user patches for VCO settings
- MIDI input
- 4x pitch inputs
- 8x CV inputs (individual programable)
- 4x sync/reset inputs
- 4x gate outputs
- 4x VCO/LFO outputs
- 16 potentiometers
- graphic display
- size: 3U eurorack module, 29HP wide
- PDF - MANUAL 4VOX module version 1.02 (english)
- PDF - HANDBUCH 4VOX module version 1.02 (deutsch)
Advice: Please click on the link with the right mouse button for download the file.
Unzip the file before you send wavetables to the module.
- ZIP - Factory Wavetable Bank v1.01 (39 MIDI sysex-files)
- ZIP - Additional Wavetable Bank-2 (39 MIDI sysex-files)
Flame 4 Vox≥ Encounter from Ebotronix
Flame 4 Vox Wavetime from Ebotronix
Flame 4 Vox & Buchla LPG from Ebotronix
Flame 4 Vox shipping' from Ebotronix
Flame 4 Vox dualwave from Ebotronix
Flame 4 Vox dub from Ebotronix
Advice: For updating the firmware please download the MIDI SYSEX file
(please click on the link with the right mouse button for download the file).
Download the manual for update informations!
v1.00 (date: february 11, 2015)
- the first Version of the serie
- download: 4VOX_V_1_00.syx Firmware Version 1.00
v1.01 (date: february 25, 2015)
- bugfixes of Version v1.00 example: CHORD MIDI CC, MIDI CC SEMITONE, Display SAVE PATCH Name
- new manual version 1.01
- change MORPH MIDI CC to number 1 (modwheel)
- download: 4VOX_V_1_01.syx Firmware Version 1.01
v1.02 (date: april 16, 2015)
- key blocking was wrong in INFO menu (if previous menu was PATCH menu) - fixed
- LCD contrast wasn't loaded after booting - fixed
- Midi tuning was one semitone to low - fixed
- new accord list, now there are 43 accords - changed
- Gate out could be wrong when patch was loaded - fixed
- new manual version 1.02
- download: 4VOX_V_1_02.syx Firmware Version 1.02
v1.03 (date: april 22, 2015)
- Patch dump error - fixed
- download: 4VOX_V_1_03.syx Firmware Version 1.03
v1.04 (date: june 05, 2016)
- additional MIDI settings in GLOBAL menu
- New global real MIDI POLY MODE with selectable Midi channel
(VCO A-D = voice 1-4 with "round robin" voice allocation mode)
- editable Midi controller numbers (add velocity and aftertouch)
- change Pitchbend range +/- 2 semitones
- download: 4VOX_V_1_04.syx Firmware Version 1.04